When you think about all the classic games you played as a child, Sonic is definitely one of them. This is one of the most addictive games that we all love. Sonic video game franchise was created by Sega. Sonic is a speed based platform game. This game was first released in 1991 and it became an instant success. As the game developed a fanbase “Sonic Boom“ series was released. By the end of 2016 the franchise sold over 80 million solid copies and 350+ million software copies of the game. This is one of the longest running based video games as per the Guinness World Records. The main character of the game is Sonic who is as anthropomorphic blue hedgehog, Sonic has some friends named Tails, Amy and Knuckles who end up fighting the evil genius Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik who is the antagonist of the game series as he wants to take over the entire world and in order to do that he tries to destroy Sonic to acquire the powerful Chaos Emeralds.
3DS Emulator is a third party software which allows the user to play all the games which are originally designed for handheld Consoles, on their device. 3DS Emulator is available to download on all the leading platforms such as Android, Linux and Mac OS. You can play Sonic on you device with the help of 3DS Emulator. There are several 3DS Emulators on the market, one of the top rated is the Nintendo 3DS Emulator. The Nintendo 3DS Emulator is designed by Citra. There is no need to jailbreak or root your Apple or Android devices to run this software.
Play Sonic on 3DS Emulator
- Browse and download the apk file of Nintendo 3DS Emulator from your browser.
- Open Settings and allow download from ‘Unknown Sources’
- Open file manager >> Downloads >> Nintendo 3DS Emulator apk.
- Once the installation is finished.
- Download a BIOS file. Unzip the BIOS (.bin file).
- Download ROM of the game you want to play.
- Open File Manager >> Create a folder named “ROMS”
- The location should be “sdcard/downloads/Roms” or “sdcard/ext_sd/download/Roms”
- Transfer the BIOS file and all the game ROMS you have downloaded in this folder.
- Now open your emulator and if it asks for a BIOS be sure to load it by going to MENU>>SETTINGS>>BIOS FILE. This may vary per emulator.
- After this press back button on your device till you reach a black screen with files. Then navigate to your Roms folder and double tap the ROM file of the game you want to play.